We've noticed you are using Internet Explorer. This is an outdated Web Browser and is not supported by this website. Consider switching to a moden Web Browser like Google Chrome.
Accessibility Tools

Contact Centre Advisor

  • Employer: Halton Borough Council
  • Reference: CEX/24/277414
  • Published: Tue 07/05/2024, 9:00 AM
  • Closing on: Sun 26/05/2024, 23:59 PM
  • Working Pattern: Full Time
  • Hours: 37 hours per week, (Rota basis covering 7.45am – 6.15pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Salary: £26,421 to £28,770 per annum – pay award pending
  • DBS Check: Yes
  • Location: Halton Borough Council, Cheshire

Contact Centre Advisors are contracted to work on a rota basis covering the hours 7.45am – 6.15pm Monday to Friday. Please see attached rota for full details of shift patterns.

About the Role

Halton Borough Council’s Customer Contact Centre Advisors deliver the whole range of Council Services to customers, including Council Tax, Benefits, Adults and Children’s Social Care and Waste Management services.  The Centre is also the alarm receiving Centre for Halton's Telehealthcare Service so Advisors will handle calls on the Emergency Lifeline system. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate to enable them to deal with all such calls.

The position offers hybrid working, with Advisors working between the Contact Centre, located at Municipal Building, Widnes and working from home. Currently the team work from home for 60% of their working week, and work from the office for the remaining 40%, and when handling the Emergency Lifeline System Calls.

About You 

  • You will have extensive experience of dealing with the public whether that be face to face or via telephone.
  • Have excellent customer care skills, together with the ability to quickly recognise and deal with customer needs in a calm and efficient manner.
  • Possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to remain calm in emergency situations. 
  • You should be computer literate, have excellent keyboard skills, with previous experience of using Microsoft Office products.
  • Experience in the delivery of one or more of the Council’s major services is desirable. 

For an informal discussion about this post, please contact one of the Contact Centre Team Leaders on 0151 511 7650

Interviews will be held w/c 10th June 2024. 

At Halton Borough Council we want to ensure that our communities are represented across our workforce and a vital part of this is to encourage diversity in all respects. We are committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and tailored to best suit the needs and strength of the individual. This includes making adjustments for people with a disability, neurodiversity or with long-term health conditions. If you require accommodations, please reach out during the recruitment process so that we can make this the best possible experience for you – resourcing@halton.gov.uk

 

Downloads

  • Cautions and Convictions Flowchart
  • Guidance - Completing Your Online Application
  • Our Values Framework
  • Job description and person specification
  • Rota

How to Apply

Please apply online via the link provided.

Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.

 

Apply Now

  • Employer: Halton Borough Council
  • Reference: CEX/24/277414
  • Published: Tue 07/05/2024, 9:00 AM
  • Closing on: Sun 26/05/2024, 23:59 PM
  • Working Pattern: Full Time
  • Hours: 37 hours per week, (Rota basis covering 7.45am – 6.15pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Salary: £26,421 to £28,770 per annum – pay award pending
  • DBS Check: Yes
  • Location: Halton Borough Council, Cheshire

Vacancy Location